subtitle

Love Letters to Friends, As Well As Very Important Musings on Earth Shattering Matters:
Thread Count, Dogs, Native Gardening, Quilting, Karaoke, Lemon Cookies, and Graphomania

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

A Placeholder for Hands2Help 2022....

 ....being a way to share what I have sent out this year at a moment when I don't have time to write a whole screed about how they happened, and Instagram is kicking me off for not giving them a copy of an ID card proving I'm over 14, to which I say to them: fuck right off.

Not so much to share this time - hoping to join the linkyparty for the annual Hands2Help event, sending quilts all over the country/globe for charitable causes. This plus quilt went to Mercyful quilts:

The flimsy on my design wall....

The front after quilting...

...and the back.

And this low-volume strip-pieced diamonds top went to Victoria's Quilts:

Harder to see, but at least sewn together here...

A little easier to see but in pieces (strip pieced on a small phonebook-sized page) on the pleasantly cold concrete floor of my brother's basement, my temporary sewing quarters when COVID broke out.

And I wish it had been many more, but if wishes were horses, that would be really weird, as the old saying goes. 


Besos!
Astrid.


4 comments:

  1. Both will be much appreciated by the recipients. We do what we can. If you want to squeeze it in, you can start on next years now. (Hum, I wonder if I'll take my own advice?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha, you are quite right - luckily, I have a bunch of half done stuff all lined up for next year (they don't expire, do they?) It's garden season, though, so I'm not making much headway on 2023 yet!

      Delete
  2. Such lovely donation quilts! I wondered what happened to your IG account. I just tried to link to it after using little bits leftover from the back of your 2021 Positivity QAL quilt in an ICAD entry for the plaid prompt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I got kicked off because for some reason they started to believe I was under 14 - ha, it's been MANY years - and I refused to send them a copy of my ID to prove I wasn't. They got my back up and I metaphorically stalked off, which I'm sure they neither noticed nor would have cared about, if they had!

      Delete